Thursday, February 10, 2005

Sports Bloggers Get Mainstream Daily Newspaper Coverage

Kudos to Yoni Cohen of the College Basketball Blog, Kyle Whelliston of The Mid-Majority Report and Ken Pomeroy for their mention in an article that made the front page of the Philadelphia Inquirer's sports page today. (Dave Sez also got a mention in a list of blogs). The article talked about the rise of sports bloggers and college basketball bloggers in particular. A must read for all who are interested in sports on the blogosphere.

Keep up the good work, guys!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why she left you out. I guess her links were for college basketball site exclusively, but you post your fair share of Ivy hoops articles!

Not only that, but you are a hometown boy. It's too bad. Philly's loss.

Dave
http://www.davesez.com

Tom G, ballssticksstuff.com said...

Hoops schmoops! What about the diamond?

Joking of course...its a great article actually. Typically, I am bored out of my head this time of year, inbetween football and baseball. I was thinking I might try some hoops to keep me occupied and now I know where to go to read!

SportsProf said...

Thanks, guys. Dave, she had to draw the line somewhere, and I'm totally fine with it. Great for all of the people who got mentioned -- I really mean that. Tom, she mentioned that there are many more baseball sites (she wrote that there are 10 for the Phillies alone), so that's probably why she wasn't interested in that. As for your boredom, how will it abate if the Phillies won't finish higher than third? And, if that's the case, how empty will Citizens' Bank Park be in August?