Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Unique NFL Tailgating

I have always suspected that most guests on The Jerry Springer Show hail from California, Florida and Texas, and I sometimes have thought during my life that new ideas come from the Golden State. This unique brand of tailgating, worthyof Springer, mind you, actually took place in Tampa, Florida.

I sometimes have wondered about the allure of NFL tailgating anyway. After all, most of it takes place on asphalt, near major roads, where it's windy, noisy and not aesthetic. It's a far cry from the type of scenic partying you can do on a major college campus (or even a minor one). Yet, lots of people go to games, pack a large larder's worth of stuff, and cook all sorts of delicacies and unwind. Most of it is good, clean fun.

What went on in Tampa certainly changed the landscape and is a bit hard to believe. I sense that most major sports leagues are reluctant to locate a franchise in Las Vegas, but after this, why shouldn't they?

Good beer. Good food. Good cigars. What's missing?

Click on the link, and you'll find the vendor who thought of that little something extra.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lesbian underage NFL cheerleaders, strippers in the parking lot... is it any wonder I live here?

SportsProf said...

It's hard to respond to that one, Tim. I'm glad that you're enjoying your free time on the west coast of Florida.