Thursday, October 25, 2007

What Would Your Song Be?

Suppose you were a closer, and you could pick the song that they play at your home stadium when you enter the game from the bullpen. What song would you pick?



I don't know the title, but I'd pick the music from "Rocky" with the gongs that get sounded when the action begins to intensify. There are several gongs sounded in succession, followed by the type of "Rocky" movie music that let's you know the action is going to intensify. If you're a "Rocky" fan, I think you'll know what I'm talking about.



What would you do?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I Can Fly Now"

They play a short track for each player every time they come to bat for the Albuquerque Isotopes. It's really annoying by about the third at bat — not to mention by about July and August. You keep hoping the kid will get called up.

Anonymous said...

Oops. "Gonna Fly Now" ?

SportsProf said...

Thanks, Ken, but that's not the song. You're thinking of the main theme song, which is "Gonna Fly Now." I'm talking about a different piece, one which is played when Rocky is in the ring, rallying to win. It's actually pretty compelling. I agree that the theme from Rocky, "Gonna Fly Now", is overused.

Anonymous said...

"Radar Love" by Golden Earring. It was the song we always played in college when the Indians needed a rally, and I just think it works well for baseball where intense moments are punctuation for the thinking that happens in between.