Friday, November 02, 2007

I Hope the Boston Celtics Lose Every Game. . .

because, well, I'm a 76ers fan.

Now, before you say that I'm rooting for the worst team in the league (don't I know it), my deep-seated passion stems from growing a fan of Wilt Chamberlain, Hal Greer, Luke Jackson, Wali Jones, Chet Walker, Billy Cunningham and later Doctor J, Andrew Toney, Bobby Jones, Mo Cheeks and Moses Malone.

Fiercer rivalries you just don't see anymore, with the possible exception of the Yankees and the Red Sox.

The arenas were smoke-filled, the fans sat very close to the players (forget the sushi-serving luxury boxes), and there weren't that many games on TV.

Yes, they're strutting their stuff up in Boston with Garnett, Allen and Pierce.

And that's all well and good.

But I'm sure I am not alone (and that Knicks fans will join me) when I say that, well, I hope they lose every single game.

I know that these sentiments will surprise most of you, but there are just certain things that are deeply rooted from childhood that are difficult to overcome.

And the newly constructed Boston Celtics are one of them (and perhaps the only).

2 comments:

Joshua said...

As a Timberwolves fan I flip-flop between hoping they lose eery game and hoping they go 82 and 0. It is hard for me to think of the Timberwolves without KG, or KG without the Timberwolves. SO I root for him, and hope he gets a ring, the right way, with a team of aspiring players working together.

On the other hand, the Celtics have enough, and we have none, and it's not fair.

On the other hand, life's not fair.

On the other hand, I have run out of hands.

Anonymous said...

"I Hope the Boston Celtics Lose Every Game. . . "

You're in for a world of hurt.

But please keep hoping...